Hi everyone, Kohaku again! As promised, today’s post is a top-ten best-of compilation of my published work from 2019. It was really difficult to narrow it down to ten. I tried to gather from across my various styles and genres as well as from throughout the whole year, and I also wanted to not have any repeats (so any work within an already-featured compilation was automatically out of the running for anything else). Without any more of my blabbering, here are my top-ten picks from my work this past year. In no particular order:
- Songs Without End [Short Story]
- lost in time [Poetry, Poem-Song]
- 「VANGUARD: Flagbearer of Nocturnal Skies」 [Poetry Compilation]
- Another Year Has Gone… [Poetry, General]
- 永遠の歌 [Poetry, Tanka]
- Photography in Canada [Photography]
- Life = Suffering + Love [Zuihitsu Collection]
- Entry #4 – Hayao Miyazaki, Studio Ghibli, and Art as a Tool for Activism [Journal Entry]
- Prologue, To Walk in the Footsteps of Angels [Serial Writing]
- Mental Health and the Failure of Our Education System [Uncategorized Writing]
What about you all? What were your favorites from my work this year? I’d like to know, because I really do reflect on my writing and artwork a lot.
Everyone take care. See you tomorrow for my year-end message.